Monday 1 December 2008

Mumbai 26/11 ; Damn the terrorists


I cannot forgive those who have attempted to harm my city of Mumbai.


I cannot express my grief for my fellow citizens of Mumbai and for our guests, visitors to my fair city of Mumbai who have also suffered immensely.


I hope these people who have perpetrated these crimes are brought to justice. I wish they are damned from the community of humankind. I wish when they need human help they are denied this.


I also wish to give my deepest condolences to the people of Israel, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Netherlands, Japan, Singapore,Greece,Canada, Mexico, Malaysia,Italy, Jordan ,France, Mauritius for those who lost their lives in my Mumbai. May they be at peace.


I wish to especially wish my solidarity with the Jewish Community of India who have been targeted for perhaps the first time in the Long History of the subcontinent. This is completely against the pluralistic mosiac of my country where in every community has been a pillar for the secular republic. My hearfelt condolences .


I also wish to thank the NSG , The Indian Army, Indian Navy, the MARCOS and the other security forces who have helped us defeat this act of terror. May they be truly blessed.


To my pakistani neighbours. I think you need to see the whole picture. Drawing room chat against Hindus and India eventually becomes terrorism. We have no options but to live together. Please see to it that there is a consensus against terror. If this is not forthcoming the forces of good, the forces of living together will overcome the forces of division and evil. Satyamev Jayate.


To my fellow Indians of all hues, shades,religions,castes,languages and regions. I hope the Indian blood which runs through our veins makes us feel for each other. I hope none of our people ever give any support to these dastardly terrorists. I hope we are an Island of peace and peaceful cohabitation in a troubled area if the world. I hope we NEVER become like Pakistan. We are a secular country. India needs all its Muslim, Hindu, Christian, Jain, Sikh, Jewish, Buddhist citizens to remain as India. We cannot exclude any group or allow anyone to exclude any group. Long live our human bond.


To the politicians of India: Please wake up. Please put the country first. We have great precedence. Look at our freedom fighters. Do not make rubbish comments which are not worthy of the nation of India.


Again my thoughts are with the brilliant people of the India .


To visitors to India: Please come to my country. You are always welcome. We are passing through a difficult phase. Please Stand by us. Terrorism will win if you keep away. Indians are pluralistic and very welcoming and will go out of their way to make you feel at home and share whatever we have with you.
Long live tolerance and Long live the secualr spirit of India.
Jai Hind.










No comments: